Ready to join our CIRBN Team?
CIRBN is a fiber optic Internet Service Provider (ISP) based in Central Illinois. Our Central Illinois Regional Broadband Network (CIRBN) delivers a seamless Internet and Intranet experience. We provide service to K-12 school districts, higher education institutions, healthcare, public safety, government, not-for-profit and commercial institutions.
As a member of the CIRBN team, your great benefits package includes:
Group medical insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
Group dental insurance
Retirement savings plan and Roth IRA plans
Flexible spending plan
Personal convenience days
Paid training and certifications
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Employee credit union
And working at a place that has totally awesome internet service!
Open positions are listed below, or when our team is full staffed, send us your resume to email@example.com.
Location: Bloomington/Normal, IL
Requirements for this position:
- Responsible for the configuration, testing and installation of the wired network equipment, which includes inside CIRBN customer buildings and designated distribution sites in each rural community and Bloomington/Normal.
- Coordinate with wireless consultants on the connection of the wireless bridges into the CIRBN backbone.
- Design and document an IP address scheme for egress, backbone, distribution and access layer of the network.
- Coordinate with Chief Technology Officer and partners to understand networking needs such as connectivity between sites, egress, etc.
- Document customer and distribution site network information including cable records, and logical and physical topology of the network using an application such as MS Visio.
- Coordinate with an outside vendor on the monitoring of the CIRBN network.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Provide support to sales and support customer-related network issue (both pre-and post-sales.)
- Troubleshoot and resolve network issues as they arise.
- Provide weekly status and outage reports to Executive Director.
- Greet clients, establish rapport, project a professional tone, calm stressed or upset clients and document all details.
- Prove initiative by seeing and doing what needs to be done; learn quickly.
- Speak with confidence using facts.
- Demonstrate willingness and ability to share new and different ideas.
- Utilize excellent written communication skills every day.
- Exhibit superior phone skills.
- Maintain composure in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to provide and receive honest feedback.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to see the monitor and to distinguish colors